We have been recognized by the IDF command that supports Israel’s civilian population during national emergencies for our aid work during the Covid-19 crisis
“Thank you for increasing the light and making the world a better place.” These inspiring words appeared on the certificate of appreciation awarded to us by the IDF Home Front Command for our work aiding and protecting vulnerable citizens in Israel during the coronavirus pandemic.
With humility and gratitude, we thank the Home Front Command and the Israeli Volunteerism Initiative for their recognition of the countless Dror Israel members who stood up to help, in partnership with MAKOM, the Youth Movements Council and the Pioneers Federation (the umbrella organization for Israel’s educators’ movements).
Though our work continues, we can take a moment to share some of what we have been doing.
Throughout this crisis, hundreds of Dror Israel members worked to help and support others in need:
* For 44 days, we operated child care programs for children of frontline medical staff at 15 hospitals and clinics;
* Supported 146,720 senior citizens – by identifying needs, alleviating loneliness, and distributing food and medication;
* We mobilized to help over 50 farms by tending fields and picking and packing produce;
* We reached 77,922 residents of cities throughout Israel with activity packs, meals, Memorial Day kits and more;
* Students at our schools produced thousands of face shields for hospitals and nursing homes;
* Our teachers, counselors and youth guides worked tirelessly to retain a routine of online activities for our school and youth movement students.
Thank you to all of our wonderful partners!
Translation of the Certificate:
Certificate of Appreciation
Is hereby granted to:
For your joint work with the Center for Civil Aid,
For the spirit of volunteerism and giving which beats in your hearts even during these times,
For increasing the light and making the world a better place
For your sharing, meeting, distributing and taking an active part in shaping all of our reality while we fight the coronavirus.
For all of this: Thank You!
Major General Tamir Yadai
Commander of the Home Front Command
Director of the Israeli Volunteerism Initiative